Tuesday, June 25, 2013

You're Doing What?

Is typically the question people ask when I tell them what I'm about to embark upon.  The concept of the Ohio to Erie Trail is an unknown to most.  You can learn more at www.ohiotoerietrail.org or on Facebook.

The trail begins on the Ohio River in Cincinnati and ends on the shores of Lake Erie in Cleveland.  It utilizes existing regional bike paths along the way linked by highways and country roads.  All but 15% of the trail follows a designated paved bike path. 

Not many people have done the O2E so maps and guides exist but are not full mature and thus there will be some potential "head scratching" moments when trying to navigate my way along the path. 

I will be getting on the trail in Cincinnati on Friday June 28 and if all goes as planned, I'll be finishing in Cleveland on Wednesday, July 3rd.  DISCLAIMER - I HAVE NEVER ATTEMPTED ANYTHING OF THIS SORT IN THE PAST SO IM BASING ALL MY ESTIMATES ON RESEARCH. 


No comments:

Post a Comment