Saturday, June 22, 2013

50 Miles Today! I'm ready...,,

Well I made it back to Chillicothe from Court House today. It was a full 50 miles, about the same distance ill be biking on the O2E each day.  I'm relieved to have finished the route but the idea of getting up and doing it again tomorrow is intimidating to say the least. Because on the O2E ill be riding the same distance for 6 days straight!!!

This was the first time that I've ridden that distance so I learned a lot. 

1.  It took me about 7.5 hours including breaks. 
2.  Gatorade is key to keeping my muscles from cramping. 
3.  Taking "butt rest" breaks is key. Showing my backside some mercy goes a long way to making the ride more enjoyable. 
4. Chick-o-Sticks are way underrated as far as candy goes. I bought one for the ride home and it was Chick-o-Liscious!
5. Keep a pair of basketball/athletic shorts nearby at all times. I can slip them on over my biking shorts to avoid excessive staring in restaurants and convenient stores. 

Here is a picture of a section about 8 miles east of Court House. It was a great day to be on the Tri-County Triangle Trail 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Jack, you are so funny! What is a chic o stick, and I love your advice about shorts! Praying for you - plenty of butt rests!

    ReplyDelete