Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 3: Epic Morning!

Couldn't sleep last night, just kept thinking about getting a good start on this 67 mike day to Sunbury. So at 5 am I finally gave in and got out of bed and got on the road by 6. 
My accommodations last night. 
Good bye Alexandra's

I ate a quick bite and aired up my rear tire a bit. Then I found the trailhead really easily (crazy I know!)

Then I started peddling and I didn't quit until I got to Columbus. By noon I was in Westerville for lunch! About 45 miles this morning. 

So the trail out of London was super smooth and flat. Then I had to ride some country roads to Broad St. Rode that until I got to downtown Columbus. Broad street is big and wide and dirty. Once in columbus i headed north on the Scioto trail and the Olentangy trail. Both trails are amazing and fun. Plan on some rolling elevation changes so you'll need to gear up and down a lot. Tons of bikers and runners. Really crowded on a Sunday morning. 

I got off the trail in Worthington and too Shrock road all the way into Westerville which is a great place for a pit stop. 

Early morning heading east out of London 

Cool morning. 
Columbus! 
Pic in front of Ohio Stadium






No comments:

Post a Comment