Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 2: Highlights

1. Having some random dude wanting to get his picture with me because of my trek across Ohio!! 
2. Rolling my bike right into the sandwich shop and firing up the compressor to fill my tire up. Talk about genuine ambiance!
3. Riding into the Youth Hostel in London, just relieved to have beaten the rain!
4. Fixing my tire on the side of the road with some help with a state patrolman. 
5. Learning that I may or may not have appeared in the Gazette. Some nice lady from Chillicothe said she had read about me!
6. Crashing, freaking out an then realizing I'll live. "Taking some of the advice I'm so quick to give my kids when mishaps occur."
7. Realizing that after another 50 mile day I'm having a blast and my confidence is growing stronger with each mile. 


Love how these little towns are identifying with the cyclists that come through. (Like me!)


Purple Monkey in South Charleston is a good place to stop for pizza or ice cream. 
Earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment