Sunday, June 30, 2013

Night 3: Nervous About Tomorrow

Today was really tough, tomorrow is going to be tougher. Ill be going into a part of the state I've never been before. Traversing multiple existing bike paths with lots of county roads in between. According to the guide, water is hard to find in certain spots. I can carry as much as three liters at once plus ill bring a couple gatorades with me. The maps I have aren't the best. I've got a compass. 
Gonna be close to 75 miles. I'm gonna have to be very smart about how hard I push it, how often I hydrate and I have to keep eating so I have energy. Lots of rest breaks. Gonna be a long day. And yeah, rain in the forecast all day. 

2 comments:

  1. 75 mile is a lot and can be very taxing, been there done that. You have the right idea of staying hydrated, and eating a lot, make sure you stretch at every opportunity you have! I know you can do it! Your almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Keep going! :)

    Here's the mention in the Gazette online! :)

    http://www.chillicothegazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013306270028

    ReplyDelete