Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 6: Highlights

1. Making it to Cleveland in one piece! 340 miles!
2. Dipping my front tire in Lake Erie, 6 days after I had dipped my rear tire in the Ohio River. 
3. Getting an early start from Massillon and making it to Akron by 9 am was a huge confidence builder. 
4. Having my friend Rachel drive up to Cleveland to pick me up. She's awesome!
4a. Taking my first Truck Stop Shower on the ride home. It was actually really nice!!!
5. Seeing how well the history of the Ohio and Erie Canal is told along the towpath
6. Great celebratory dinner at Cheesecake Factory with Rachel. 
7. Lying in my own bed at home!
Cleveland Metro Parks has built two really nice suspension bridges on the Towpath. 
Trail goes through an area called Industrial Valley in Cleveland 
Ha!!
First glimpse of downtown!!!!
Downtown has some really cool spots
Exhausted, sunburnt, beat up, sore, filthy, sweaty, hot, smelly and happy. Dipping my front tire into Lake Erie six days after I dipped my rear tire in the Ohio River!!!!!






1 comment: